Making Memories in Tennessee Sweepstakes
TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF TOURIST DEVELOPMENT SUMMER 2013 CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. You need not be present to win. Employees (and their parents, spouse, siblings, children and/or others living in the same household) of the Tennessee Pewter Studio in Somerville, Tennessee, Bluesman Sleepy John Estes’ home, WT Delta Heritage Center in Brownsville, Tennessee, Tina Turner Tribute Show in Brownsville, Tennessee, Rusty’s TV & Movie Car Museum in Jackson, Tennessee, Helen’s BBQ and/or Backyard Barbecue in Brownsville, Tennessee, Lilies Bed & Breakfast in Brownsville, Tennessee, Century Farm Winery in Jackson, Tennessee, Tennessee Safari Park in Alamo, Tennessee, Tripp Country Ham in Brownsville, Tennessee and/or the Tennessee Department of Tourist Development (“Sponsors”), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and/or judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest will begin on Tuesday, May 28, 2013, at 11:00 a.m. CDT and end at 11:59 p.m. CDT on Thursday, July 25, 2013. You may enter this Contest on-line by the entry method described below. You may enter as many times each day as you like, however, all entries must be received by 12:00 p.m. CDT of the last day of the Contest, Thursday, July 25, 2013. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsors.
Beginning on Wednesday, May 23, 2013, you may enter the Contest via the Internet by logging on to the Tennessee Department of Tourist Development’s Facebook page at http:www.facebook.com/tnvacation and following the entry directions. You may be required to register or to otherwise provide some or all of the following information: Your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, age, and e-mail address. All on-line entrants must be the registered subscriber of the e-mail account from which the entry is made. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of an e-mail account (as specified by the Internet Service Provider) used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the named entrant and/ or originating at any other Internet Website, including (but not limited to) commercial contest and/or sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, are void.
3. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be one (1) prize (“Prize) awarded to the Contest winner (the “Winner”). The Prize is for the Winner and up to three (3) guests who may be adults or children provided any child/children must be accompanied by an adult commencing on Friday, July 26, 2013 and ending Monday, September 30, 2013, subject to the stipulations set forth herein and includes the following: i) An outdoor concert or performance on the porch of Bluesman Sleepy John Estes’ home, WT Delta Heritage Center in Brownsville, Tennessee available on the 3rd Saturday from June through September 2013 OR free admission to the Tina Turner Tribute Show available on the 4th Saturday in September 2013; ii) A free guided tour of Tina Turner sites in Nutbush, Tennessee provided by the Delta Heritage Center of Brownsville, Tennessee; iii) Free admission at Rusty’s TV & Movie Car Museum in Jackson, Tennessee; iv) A private tour of the Tennessee Pewter studio in Somerville, Tennessee where handmade fine pewter is crafted and enjoy tea and hors d’oeuvres served on handmade pewter with each guest receiving an unique homemade pewter gift; v) Enjoy a meal at Helen’s BBQ in Brownsville, Tennessee; vi) Enjoy a meal at Backyard Barbecue in Brownsville, Tennessee; vii) receive accommodations at Lilies Bed & Breakfast in Brownsville, Tennessee for three (3) nights (although this will not be provided during holiday weekends) viii) one (1) gift basket of wine from Century Farm Winery in Jackson, Tennessee although this gift may only be given only to an adult 21 years of age or older; ix) free admission to tour the historic Demark Church and Britton Lane Battlefield in Demark, Tennessee; and, x) Meet the artist and tour the Mind Field located in Brownsville, Tennessee; xi) Tour award winning Tripp Country Ham in Brownsville, Tennessee. The approximate total retail value of the Prize is $1,250.00. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities and any and all transportation, meals, gratuities, transfers, insurance, incidentals and other associated expenses, taxes and other expenses not specified herein shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for the Prize is permitted, except as authorized by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. The Winner will be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) and an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability which is referenced in Paragraph 5 hereof.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries, on the afternoon of July 26, 2013, by judges selected by Sponsors, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. The Prize is guaranteed to be awarded and the Winner will be notified by telephone or e-mail service.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: No substitution for any Prize will be permitted. If necessary due to the unavailability of any aspect of the the Prize, a Prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsors. The Prize is not transferable, assignable nor redeemable for cash. The Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability which can be found at www.tnvacation.com/rules/summer2013.pdf as well as any and all other required documents within ten (10) calendar days of issuance. The Winner must be 21 years of age or older and the Winner’s guests will be required to sign, have notarized and return to Sponsors in the time noted above, a release of liability prior to issuance of the Prize. Failure to return all required documents within this time period may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate Winner selected. If a prize notification is returned to the Sponsors as undeliverable or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected. By entering this Contest and/or accepting the Prize, Winner and Winner’s guests hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by Sponsors of the Winner’s and his or her guest’s photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, hometown address, contents of the entry form and the name and age of the Winner and Winner’s guest without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Contest.
The Official Rules are also available at www.tnvacation.com.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received in connection with the Contest.
6. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Contest, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Contest or the website. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee and, by entering, all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts in Nashville, Tennessee. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSORS OR THE CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGIT-IMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsors, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for: Any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and/or, any entries which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, received with postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest at any time that it might become necessary as a result of circumstances beyond Sponsors’ control. In the event a Prize is to be awarded when the Contest deadline date has lapsed, a Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received as of the deadline date/time designated to enter the Contest.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winner, Winner’s guest and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by Winner, Winner’s guest, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Contest as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or partici-pation in this Contest.
9. WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List (available after July 26, 2013), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Tennessee Department of Tourist Development, “Summer 2013 Contest” - WINNER, c/o Marketing, William Snodgrass/Tennessee Tower Building, 312 Rose L. Parks Avenue, 13th Floor, Nashville, TN 37243-1102. All such requests must be received by the close of business (4:30 p.m.) on August 9, 2013.
11. SPONSORS: Tennessee Pewter Studio in Somerville, TN; Bluesman Sleepy John Estes’ home/ WT Delta Heritage Center, Brownsville, TN; Tina Turner Tribute Show, Brownsville, TN; Rusty’s TV and Movie Car Museum, Jackson, TN; Helen’s BBQ, Brownsville, TN; Backyard Barbecue, Brownsville, TN; Lilies Bed & Breakfast, Brownsville, TN; Century Farm Winery, Jackson, TN; Tennessee Safari Park, Alamo, TN; Historic Denmark Church and Britton Lane Battlefield, Demark, TN; Mind Field, Brownsville, TN; Tripp Country Ham, Brownsville, TN; and, the State of Tennessee, Department of Tourist Development, William Snodgrass/Tennessee Tower, 312 Rose L. Parks Avenue North, 13th Floor, Nashville, Tennessee 37243-1102.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW