Address and Phone:
State Highway 52 E and Airport Road
Near Portland, TN 00000
Phone: (615) 325-9032
A highway historical marker directs visitors to the historic rural African American community known as Parker’s Crossroads, established by free blacks and recently emancipated slaves shortly after the war. The first church, built about 1870, also served as the first community school. The community name comes from Rev. James Parker, the first pastor. The historic property contains the Parkers Chapel Baptists Church from the 1950s, a historic cemetery, and a school building circa 1950.
Get turn-by-turn direction using the interactive map above.