Address and Phone:
4275 Buford Ellington Rd.
Grand Junction, TN 38039
Phone: (901) 878-1067
Manor House: $2 per person; special tours up to 20 people $20 then $1 person.
Hours Open to the Public:
Manor House - Mar - Oct.: Every 4th Thur. 12:30 - 4 p.m.; Heritage Village including 19th century farmstead open by appointment
November - February
Payment Types Accepted:
Cash, Personal Check
Ames conducts agricultural research to benefit the University of Tennessee and provides a venue for the National Championship for field trailing bird dogs.
In 1987, the Ames History Project was begun to document the houses, grist mills, cemeteries, cotton gins, and roads that made this a thriving farming community before the Civil War brought an end to the plantation tradition in the south. This 18,430 acre site is the location of several 19th century cotton plantations and includes the Mount Comfort Store, Andrews Chapel Methodist Church, and the town site of Pattersonville.
The Plantation was developed by Hobart Ames, an industrialist. At his death in 1945, the Hobart Ames Foundation was established and the facilities of the Plantation were made available to the University of Tennessee College of Agriculture for a demonstration farm featuring forestry and farm management projects.
Ames is located 1 mile N. of Hwy. 57-Hwy. 18. intersection, Ellington Rd to the West.
Get turn-by-turn direction using the interactive map above.
Looking for a day of fun and frolic? Here's a quick list of nearby attractions that you may enjoy.
See more May events »