Tennessee Sampler Express
Mar 20, 2013 - Mar 22, 2013
The Tennessee Department of Tourist Development is excited to hit the road again for
2013’s TENNESSEE SAMPLER EXPRESS Mar. 20-22! Sampler Express is a grassroots and economical approach that takes teams on the road along different routes, conducting sales and PR calls to AAA offices, tour operators and media representatives.
Once again, we will divide and conquer, doing a comprehensive sales and PR blitz in key markets surrounding our state.
There is no registration fee, except for personal travel expenses, including hotel for two nights, meals and the cost of rental vehicle split among the team. Each team will have a team captain who will help secure the sales calls and facilitate all logistics.
TDTD will provide binders featuring the profile sheets of participating sales partners. The separate teams of public relations partners will provide PR materials to include on jump drives for all PR meetings.
Teams will be assigned, based on partner choices, to travel each route and make sales and PR calls. The PR routes are as follows:
1. Little Rock, AR; Fayetteville, AR and Springfield, MO
2. Atlanta, GA; Birmingham, AL; and Huntsville, AL
3. Atlanta, GA; Augusta, GA, Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC
4. Lexington, KY, Cincinnati, OH; and Columbus, OH
This year, the tourism Sales office has secured a partnership with AAA The Auto Club Group – Southern Region (formerly AAA Auto Club South) to conduct their monthly Member Appreciation Events, and have a Tennessee spin at each of their seven Atlanta-area branches, on Tuesday, March 19, 2013. Following the AAA/Tennessee events, the tourism office has designated the following four sales call routes. TDTD will assign teams, based on partner choices, to travel each route and make sales calls. The routes are as follows:
1. Departing from Atlanta: Greenville, SC, Spartanburg, SC, Charlotte, NC, Greensboro, NC, and Asheville, NC
2. Departing from Atlanta: Augusta, GA, Charleston, SC, Myrtle Beach, SC, and Columbia, SC
3. Departing from Atlanta: Macon, GA, Savannah, GA, Jacksonville, FL, and Tallahassee, FL
4. Departing from Atlanta: Columbus, GA, Montgomery, AL; Birmingham, AL; and Huntsville, AL
5. Write-In Option: This option would still depart from Atlanta, and commence upon conclusion of the AAA events on Tuesday, Mar. 19.
The 2013 Sampler Express Sign-up sheet can be found here - LINK
We hope you can be a part of the 2013 Sampler Express!
- Marketing Information
- Advertising Opportunities
- Toolkits & Research
- Website & PR Resources
- Photo Gallery
Submit a Press Release
Got News?! Submit your release here and you may be included in our news feed.